Undeniably, it is important to have a Netflix account to host a Netflix Party by installing and accessing its Netflix Party extension. However, sometimes people prefer using different emails on Netflix before proceeding to a Netflix Watch Party. Therefore, it becomes important to review the need for using different email accounts on Netflix.
1. In this order, first, it allows individuals to maintain privacy and anonymity by preventing cross-referencing of data across different platforms.
2. Secondly, it aids in managing multiple Netflix accounts, particularly when sharing a subscription with family or friends who want their own login credentials and viewing history.
3. Additionally, having a separate email address can facilitate account recovery in case of forgotten login credentials or compromised accounts.
4. Lastly, some individuals may attempt to create multiple accounts using different emails to take advantage of free trials. Still, this practice may violate Netflix's terms of service.
5. Remember, adhering to the platform's guidelines and terms is crucial to avoid any issues or violations.
Remember that the downward information is meant neither for installing the Netflix Party Chrome Extension nor for creating a Watch Party Netflix. Even though you want to know “How to do Netflix Party” via Netflix Party Chrome Extension, you need to follow an entirely different process.
We won’t leave you dependent upon a single process to use a different email on Netflix. Therefore, to bring flexibility, we get two options that ease the pre-process of hosting a Netflix Party by installing the Netflix Party extension. Let’s learn about both the process by following below steps:
1. In the first step, you must visit the Netflix website on your system. And to do so, you need to open your web browser and then type & enter "www.netflix.com" in the search bar. Don’t get confused because the same process is necessary for hosting a Netflix Party.
2. Next, you must sign out only if you're logged in via your existing Netflix account. Hence, click on the profile icon in your screen's top-right corner. And then, select the "Sign out" option from the dropdown menu.
3. Now begin the sign-up process by visiting the Netflix homepage. And then, either click on the "Join Free for a Month'' or a similar button. It is essential to create a new account, which you need before hosting a Netflix Party.
4. Afterward, you need to choose a Netflix subscription plan from the several offered ones. Ensure to select one that suits your preferences the best, which will help you even in hosting a Netflix Watch Party. And to make it happen, click on the corresponding "See the Plans" or similar button.
5. Further, you need to enter your new email address on the "Create an Account" page. Providing a new email address is relevant to access your Netflix account. Remember, you must already have an account to organize an online Netflix Party.
6. You still need to finish providing a new email address, as creating a password is equally important. Therefore, as a resolution choose a strong and secure password. Because it is relevant to your new Netflix account and to enter it in the designated field.
7. Don’t forget to complete the registration once you are done with the email & password. And to do so, follow the provided instructions to finish setting up your new account. And these include: entering your billing information, payment method, and additional personal details. Ensure not to enter your payment details while installing the Netflix Party Extension.
8. In order to verify your email address, Netflix will send you a verification email to your new email address. Once you get it, open your email inbox and search for the email from Netflix. Further, click on the verification link to confirm your account.
9. Consequently, you are all set to begin using your new account. But before this, ensure that your account must be verified. So you can log in to Netflix via the new email address & password you got while registering.
Option 2: Updating your Existing Netflix Account with a New Email
1. Updating your existing Netflix account won’t take too long, unlike installing the Netflix Party extension to create a Netflix Watch Party. All you have to do is to start by visiting the Netflix website and login into it. And then, visit "www.netflix.com" to sign in to your existing Netflix account. Remember to use your current email address and password to do so.
2. Next, you need to visit the account settings by clicking on the profile icon in the top-right corner of the screen. And then, select the "Account" option from the dropdown menu to access your account settings.
3. In order to update your email, navigate to the account settings page. And then, search for the option to change your email address. Remember, you can find these options usually under "Membership & Billing" or sections similar to this.
4. Now, try & enter the new email address you want to use for your Netflix account in the provided field. Don’t get confused, as the same thing might even ask in the process of creating a Netflix Watch Party.
5.After entering the new email address, it is relevant to save the changes. And to do so, click on the "Save" or "Update" button to save the changes. Try to ignore following this step while creating a Watch Party Netflix.
6. Here's verifying your email, which depends on Netflix's policies. So you may receive a verification email for the new email address. Also, you need to follow the instructions in the email to verify your new email.
7. Lastly, you need to use your updated email to check its accessibility before hosting a Netflix Party. So once your email address is updated and verified, log in to Netflix via your new email address & existing password.
Notably, creating a new account will not let you transfer your history, recommendations, and saved shows or movies from your previous account to the new one. Therefore, you should contact Netflix customer support for assistance, especially if you want to retain your account information and transfer it to a new email address.